feed bags

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kerrysmommy, Nov 5, 2011.

1. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    can the feed bag totes be sold at a profit???? and can i have the instructions to makething them i have a cracked corn bag out in the barn and i want to make one [​IMG]
    thanks
    kerrysmommy

2. Rosaleen

Rosaleen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Danville, Vermont
    I make them all the time. As far as making a profit, I never tried to sell them. It takes about fifteen to twenty minutes to make one. What would you sell them for and how much is your time worth, not to mention supplies, electricity, transportation and market entry fees? I used them for grocery bags and general use. I also give some away, people think they're quite the novelty item. There are different sites you can find on BYC to make them. Have fun....you'll find lots of uses for them too.

3. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    i would probely sell then 1:5 dollars..............not that expensive.............and i cant seem to find any instructions...........

4. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    any one with a link for instructions????

5. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    you need to check out the "everything else for sale" section. Feed totes sell between 10-20 dollars plus shipping a bag. So yes ! profitable IMO.

6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    If you know how to sew, just make up your own instructions, I did. Just figure out how large you want the bag to be and how fancy. With mine, I use them for grocery shopping mostly, so I didn't line them with anything, just a feed bag with feed bag handles.
    [​IMG]

7. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG]

8. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    thanks SteveBaz for saying this is a good thread lol and thanks every1 i finally found a great thing on how to make them im 13 and dont know how to sew but i guess i will ask my mom i kinda know how to but if i need help i will ask thanks!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by