1. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    I wanted to know how much people spned on bird food each week or month. I sepnd over $200 a week on feed. I got tons of birds.(some for sale also)

2. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I am spending around $4.50 a week on average, but I only have 6 birds on organic feed.

3. jamieneenah

jamieneenah Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    [email protected] Raiser :

I wanted to know how much people spned on bird food each week or month. I sepnd over $200 a week on feed. I got tons of birds.(some for sale also)

Maybe $40 to $50 week. That feeds tons of birds.
    jamie​

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, last week or the week before, I bought a 50lb bag of feed, and that sucker is almost gone! I think I have a third of it left! Thank god they started laying, because I need to start selling eggs to make up my feed costs!

5. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    I feed an average of 175 pounds of feed per day.
    That feeds 500 chickens and a few wild birds. And 25 pounds per day on chicks, no wild birds.

6. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Holy moly, I'm gonna have to save up lol.

7. Mahlzeit

Mahlzeit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2007
    Long Island NY
    I sell my chickens eggs so they pay for their own feed. I spend around $60 on 200lbs of feed which lasts me about a month and a half.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I spend about $100/month to feed about 45 birds.

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Hope your hens are laying golden eggs to pay for that!!!!! ouch...I think I spend 60$ a months right now-I hope it doesn't get anymore than that-I havent' been selling my eggs latley-eating alot of them and I gave away alot on BYC for the "spirit" of passing it on...I'm taped now :) but filled with joy!

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Holy cow! And I thought my juvies at a lot! I've got 16 birds and go through almost a bag a month. Probably costs me $10 or so (grower costs more). Of course, there's shavings, too. Still, probably only about $15 a month at most. Guess I'm getting off pretty easy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by