Feed grade diatomaceous earth - by the pound

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by exop, Dec 8, 2009.

1. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Hi, I have purchased a large sack of pure, codex (feed grade) diatomaceous earth, the only size which is available to me locally. Since I have much more than I need, and it's hard to locate food grade diatomaceous earth in teeny quantities, I thought I'd pass my savings on to you all.

Price per Lb is $1.60.

This diatomaceous earth is E P Minerals' "Celatom" brand, product # MN51, also called Celatom AFA. ("AFA" stands for "animal food additive".)

Here's a link to their product info, including suggestions on how to use it in organic agriculture as a wormer.

Since I'd have to charge different shipping for different amounts, I'm not sure how to do this on the BYC selling page; please contact me and we can figure something out. I do PayPal.

One pound ships anywhere in the country for $5.50 via priority mail; for amounts over a pound, I would have to look at a combination of weight, volume (would it fit in a flat rate box?) and where you live. Anyway, one pound is plenty, that's exactly the right amount to mix with a 50Lb sack of feed for a de-wormer!

The DE will be securely packaged in a plastic bag, weighed accurately to within .5 gram of 1 pound using a MyWeigh digital scale, and accompanied by instructions and specs sheet from EP minerals.

Amounts under 1 pound available also if you just don't want much DE! 10 cents per ounce, plus shipping. Also, if you don't have a good scale of your own, and want the DE weighed out into particular portions, please let me know.

Best - exop

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by