Feed in the coop

Chook-A-Holic

Songster
10 Years
Oct 5, 2009
Central, N.C.
Opinions vary on this. I prefer to keep mine out under the covered part of the run. In severe weather I do temporarily move it inside the coop. It's what works best for you.

Last edited:

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
If I had my feed outside the coop, it would turn into slush in a matter of seconds, and be pure water in just minutes.
gig.gif

Also, we don't have a "run" but a 3 acre pasture, so our feeder isn't often used by the chickens anyway. They usually only use it in the mornings as an "appetizer," then leave for the "real stuff."

Anyway, that brings to the age old "depends on opinion."
wink.png

gallina man

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
i have them inside and outside so again it what works best for u but my chickens are in there coop for at least 12 hours thats a long time with no water so thats why i do both

Mahlzeit

Songster
12 Years
Jul 16, 2007
Long Island NY
I keep my feed inside away from the weather and I keep my water outside. My birds are only locked up at night and go back and forth on their own throughout the day. Has worked great for me. They make a mess with the water so if it was inside the floor and shavings in my coop would always be wet.

ADozenGirlz

The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png
10 Years
Oct 18, 2009
Connecticut
I keep food and water inside the coop and water only in the run. I keep the water up on a paint can so it doesn't get filthy. I think in my next run design, I'll hang it from the top of the run.

Top Bottom