1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Feed questions

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by masonmom21, Mar 15, 2017.

1. masonmom21

masonmom21 New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    I have 13 ducks of 3 different breeds. They were born jan 30 so coming on 2 months old. I was wondering generally how much feed is enough daily? [​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I keep feed out all through the day. That way they can eat when they want, Especially in cold climates it's important they stay well fed. And at 2 months yours are feathering in and still have a bit of growing to do so they need nourishment during daylight hrs. I don't leave food and water inside over night when they get past 6 weeks old way too messy

@masonmom21 . Welcome to BYC and lovely ducklings!

3. masonmom21

masonmom21 New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    Thanks so much. I have been leaving or filling as needed and a final night cap but they always seem hungry lol

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Mine too and especially right before bedtime my Runners and Buffs eat like there is no tomorrow and they will be 1 yr old end of May. So it's like having teenagers always hungry lol

5. masonmom21

masonmom21 New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    ok that explains it

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by