Feed store "Ameracauna" pullet chicks, look more like road runners....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Equus17, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Equus17

Equus17 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2016
    These girls are supposedly 3 weeks old, though given their feathering I would guess a week or two older. The feathers were a bit ratty since they were over-crowded as well as being in with Guinea hens. Two of them have slightly puffy cheeks (nothing like my real Ameracauna chicks who looked like little chipmunks), the others more of a sleep look. I don't know if it is the awkward gawky age or what, but they look like road runners to me.

I am wondering if these girls (I hope they are girls!?) might have some other breed(s) in them? The feed store people did not seem to be much help; I probably shouldn't have bought them, but I couldn't help myself. [​IMG][​IMG]

Here are some random photos, let me know if I need to get any special angles etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    They look like Golden Campines to me. Can you tell if they have single combs or pea combs?

3. Equus17

Equus17 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2016
    Oh wow, they definitely look a lot like the Golden Campine chicks at the bottom of the page of this page at Feathersite http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Camp/BRKCampine.html. And that would explain the high set tails! Hard to tell at this age, but they look like pea combs. Maybe an EE/Campine mix?

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    They look like pretty typical Easter Eggers to me.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    EE's

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by