Feed store called..Ameracauanas in so I...

The Chicken People

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Smithville, Mo
grabbed a shirt and sweat shirt threw them on , flew out the door and began my day!
Feed store cancelled their order for ameracauanas!
somad.gif

Purchase two RIR straight run! Yes I want a Rooster!
Called other store miles away!
They will hold 6 Ameracaunas for me!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Pictures tomorrow of the newest six!

Yeah, of our 5 chicks this spring we can confirm one rooster, and suspect another *sigh*.

I really didn't want any roos, and of course, Murphy's Law - the one that is a roo is middle DD's, the girl who can't part with anything, she even keeps the packaging from stuff! Even talking of rehoming it to Grandma's isn't acceptable *sigh*

Keep in mind that they are probably EEs - Easter Eggers. Most hatcheries call them Ameraucanas or Americanas, and they are EEs. I say probably, depends upon where the chicks came from.

AND.... you will LOVE them! They are wonderfully good natured chickens and great egg layers! They have beautiful feathering, too. I lost some to a predator attack last year, I'd love to have some more someday. They might lay green or brown eggs, I had one of each.

They really are lovely hens!

ranchhand- beat me to it!
wink.png

I'm sure you'll love your Easter Eggers though. They're such a surprise of a package! (color of pullet, color of egg, body type, personality)

Back
Top Bottom