Feed store said Americauna. So Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luluvantuckett, Mar 10, 2016.

1. luluvantuckett

luluvantuckett Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2014
    East Texas
    The girl said they were Americana pullets. And that they were a week old. I think they were 2 weeks old when I got them. Which would make them 4.5 weeks now. They don't look the same. One doesn't have a beard. And one is a little bolder and less timid and also has a slightly larger comb. Please for the love of God not another roo!!!!!

Can anyone tell their breeds??[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's pictures from the day I got them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Looks like all Easter Eggers. Too young to be certain of gender but nobody is screaming cockerel.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

4. luluvantuckett

Oct 1, 2014
    East Texas
    Oooh! Fingers crossed!!! And good! I got them home and saw that one had the beard puff and one didn't so I was a little bummed. They were also mixed in with silver laced wyondettes.

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I had two smooth faced Easter Eggers and 3 puffy faced ones. We lost beautiful Pearly-girl to a freak accident when she was about 9 months old or so. We still have Dumb Daphne the Flock Complainer. What a character! She thinks she's a rooster, and she's a good rooster, too! She's always on alert, always squawking her warnings, always scolding the other chickens. She hasn't laid an egg since December 2014, following a hard molt, and I'm not even sure why she's still out there and wasn't a meal long ago.

I have such a soft spot for Easter Eggers! Personable, pretty, and lovely eggs. (Well, except for Dumb Daphne the Flock Complainer, although she started out laying pretty eggs!) I see pullet in both of yours, as the others have said, but I also thought our Scout was a pullet until he was around 4 months old. So pictures in a few more weeks might not be out of line.....

6. luluvantuckett

Oct 1, 2014
    East Texas
    Lol. Thanks everyone. I'll post more in a few weeks. Lets give the pullet vibes in the mean time! I had 9 chicks appear this morning from under the chicken coop!!! Sneaky Clementine!!!!!!! I need those pullet vibes big time!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by