feed usage for 2010, hungry beasts they are. :)

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
For 2010 we fed 897 bags of feed @50 pounds per bag for a total of 44,850 pounds of feed

The Bourbon red, Midget White, Bronze, Light Sussex, RIR and Buff Orp pens used 290 bags for 14500 pounds

Royal Palm, mixed chickens, Geese and Muscovy pen 175 bags for 8750 pounds

Speckled Sussex and white peafowl 25 bags for 1250 pounds

Beltsville White, Runner ducks, Cochins 220 bags for 11,000 pounds

Black Copper Marans and Spaulding peafowl 82 bags for 4100 pounds

White Holland, Cuckoo marans, Dark Cornish 105 bags for 5250 pounds

For 2011 we have it set up to break it down even more to keep more detailed usage. No wonder our feed mill guy sent us a Christmas card. lol

Steve

your feedmill guy should have sent you on a trip!!!! good grief Steve thats ALOT of feed!
th.gif
Im crabbing about 100 lbs+ a week Im going threw!
hide.gif

Quote:
Give it time, I can remember buying a bag or 2 a week, seems like sooooo long ago.
smile.png
Happy New Year to you

Steve

Right back at you Steve-Happy New Year-If I have to start buying more than 5 bags a week -I better adjust and control!!!

and my wife thinks that a 50 lb bag of mash lasting 4 weeks is bad !!!!!!!! im gonna print this so maybe she wont complain as much !!!! lol

Oh my word!! Lioke everyone else is saying... I THOUGHT 50 LBS A WEEK WAS BAD!!

LOL... I plan to hatch AND order in the spring
hide.gif

And feed costs are on the rise. The layer pellet I use as part of my ration went from 9.00 per #50 to 11.00 per. that's 20%. Oats that I use in the homemade part of the ration rose from 1.60 per bushel ( #35 ) to 2.25 within the last 6 months, that's nearly 50%.Other parts of the ration, hard red wheat and corn, up 50% or more. Although my flock is small, 48 hens and 12 roos, and I scavenge grains near the grain terminals where they clean out rail car before reloading. and barter with eggs and processed chickens, the rising feed costs will negate any profits in the coming year. Gotta love what your doing!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom