1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by blue fire, May 13, 2007.

1. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Can 4 chicks go thru fifty pounds of starter feed? I REALY don't want to have some left over. [​IMG]

2. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Probably not...my 48 have only gone through 5 bags at 8 weeks of age. When it's time to switch to layer just blend whatever starter you have left with the laying ration until it's gone.

Andy

3. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    do you think I can sell it?

4. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    I doubt you can sell it unless you know someone with chicks that would need it- but like Mayberry said, just mix it in with the layer pellets when you switch until it is used up. Or, you can use it mixed with scratch, or in lieu of scratch or mushed up with yogurt for a treat....no need for it to go to waste, or for you to have to try and sell it.

5. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Thanx. I was kinda worried cause they havent even gone thru half the bag yet![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by