Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by O.C.Chick, Mar 19, 2009.

1. O.C.Chick

O.C.Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Have you ever heard any feedback on a farm in Washington called Iwan’s Enterprises in Spokane, Washington ?

http://sinbad99029.tripod.com/index.html

I am hoping to order Ameraucanas and Silkies from them, and was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts or experiences.

Thanks so much!!!

Alys

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Very reputable folks from what I heard. I personally never bought any of their birds, just the Cree Amercuanas I dealt with.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Ramona Iwan is a very nice, reputable seller. I have bought and sold to her years ago. Very nice to deal with. I definitely recommend her. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  4. O.C.Chick

Nov 15, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Thank you both very much!!!

Any thoughts, suggestions or cautions regarding shipping 8 week old chicks overnight from Washington to So. California???

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I honestly dont think its a problem. Give her a call!

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Here is another post from the source. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1110813#p1110813

I
    don't know about this person and it's really none of my business. I just wanted to post to say, be careful no matter where you get birds. Practice strict quarantine and do your homework before buying. That is the problem with NPIP, it doesn't test for these types of diseases. [​IMG]

7. O.C.Chick

Nov 15, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Thank you all for your input! Turns out that Ramona doesn't have bantam Ameraucanas anyway. I should have specified that I wanted the smaller variety to live alongside the silkies...Sorry!

I'm now looking into Aracauna bantams paired with silkies...If anyone's still reading this post, any thoughts regarding BROWN EGG BLUE EGG (Alan Stanford) in Ohio? I have heard that he has very nice bloodlines, but I'm mostly concerned about receiving healthy birds that aren't too stressed from being shipped across the country!

Thanks!

Alys

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    OH, I didn't know that Iwan's had health problems with their birds....I was not too sure who it was but I know ONE thing it was not Pips! How disappointing! [​IMG]

BTW, did they solved their problems?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by