Feeders

Sportsmom2

Hatching
Mar 26, 2021
I put pvc pipe in and ran down the chicken run. I use it for food. The end of it is covered the the actual coop so it doesn’t get wet. The top of is covered but when I took the cap off to put feed in I noticed some mildew starting to form. What can I do to stop this?

Remove all the feed and throw it away. Mildew can make your birds sicks or even kill them.
Probably some water goes in some way in the tube or maybe the environment gets too humid or also maybe some condensation forms in the tube.
In the first case it's needed to understand from where the water comes from and repair the leak.
In the second and third case there isn't much to do I think. I'd put in there less feed and more frequently, so they can eat it all before the mold appears.

I just finished mine. Just tested it with some seeds and it's working great. I added two feeding holes on mine, made to size for bantams using a 500 ml food tub but a 6 pint milk container and bigger bucket could be used to scale it even bigger.

IMG_6337.JPG IMG_6338.JPG

Yeah I have 2 different feeders. One with 2 3 inch 90s in it for the hens and one with a 4 inch opening for my rooster with a bigger comb. I feed em all the same so they can eat out of whatever feeder.

Back
Top Bottom