Feeding a severely crossed beadk pullet, is this ok?

dnirvin53

Hatching
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]I have a severely crossed beak pullet that we hatched from one of my hens eggs. I tried her in with the others of her hatch mates in a coop but one morning found her as just feathers and bones so brought her inside and now she is a pet. Currently I am feeding her creamed corn mixed with cornbread and avian vitamins and fresh cooked oatmeal mixed with whey protein powder and plain yogurt. She's gaining weight well bit now am worried about fatty liver disease. Does anyone have any suggestions? She seems to be happy in the house with no flock but us and the other pets but I want her to be healthy as she can too.

We have a hen that has a crossed beak and one eye. We were worried at first, but she is doing really well. She'll be a year old in June, and she started laying I think in December. We call her Krisskross. She's super-sweet and was a little slower than the others to fully feather, but I keep a close eye on her. Her little crossed beak and missing eyeball haven't slowed her down a bit! She's as active as anyone else in the flock.

Back
Top Bottom