Feeding baby ducks???

kyrose

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne,Ky.
Hello,im hatching duck eggs for the first time, that are due tomorrow.These are for a friend.I will be keeping them for a few days so ill be feeding them.I have purina start and grow medicated and flock raiser.Which should i feed them and will a regular chick waterer work for a few days or should i use a bowl.
Thanks for any advice.

im only keeping them a few days so i dont want to go out and buy anything i was hoping to feed them something i already have here.

Yep, they will overdose on the medicated feed and it will kill them. Ask the friend to bring you some feed if you do not want to buy it.

You can feed them the Purina Flock Raiser if it's non-medicated. I know the Purina Flock Raiser I buy is non-medicated and I'm not sure if they even make the Flock Raiser w/ meds or not. If it's same Purina Flock Raiser (green bag) that I buy it should be just fine. It even has niacin supplement in it and a higher protein than the reg chick start & grow.

Smitty's Farm :

You can feed them the Purina Flock Raiser if it's non-medicated. I know the Purina Flock Raiser I buy is non-medicated and I'm not sure if they even make the Flock Raiser w/ meds or not. If it's same Purina Flock Raiser (green bag) that I buy it should be just fine. It even has niacin supplement in it and a higher protein than the reg chick start & grow.

Thanks,i think thats what ill do...​

Back
Top Bottom