Feeding beef or venison fat

Don't see why not. I have fed mine meat/fat scraps and nobody died, anyway!
smile.png

If you know someone who is feeding their dog or cat a RAW or BARF (yep...Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods, that is) diet, don't toss those scraps and bones too big for the chooks--freeze em and gift to the dog owner ASAP. They'll love you for it!

(With my half-coyote lady here, I'd practically kill for it. Raw is the only way to keep weight on her!)

We throw the deer rib cages in by the chickens usually. They are great at picking off all the stuff we can't get. They love it!!! Between the cats, dogs, and chickens I practically beg people for their venison fat, scraps, and bones!

the fats are fine. I toss most of my kitchen scraps and left overs out to them. I even send out my chicken skins from when I skin the pieces before I cook them.

We process our own deer, so we save junk scraps (meat and tallow) to grind up for the dog. He also gets some leg bones. The main carcass goes into the chicken coop. Once picked clean it goes to the burn pile. Normally i save some of the internal organs and grind them up too for either the dogs or chickens, but I got two deer this year and ran out of time. The liver is great for the animals.

Quote:
I feed my dogs raw. And I have a hard time keeping my chickens from taking the dogs meat away!

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Isnt that the truth! If I feed my dogs (raw) in the yard with the chickens loose.... we have to protect the dogs while they eat. Those ladies will back them right off their food dish. And on another note..... when I give the ladies fresh Kefir curds or whey they wont let a dog get near that dish! I do not have to protect the chickens at this point. They make it perfectly clear they will take out a dogs eye.

I saved some fat, and froze it for later. I threw the deer carcass in with them for a day, and they wouldn't touch it. I took it out, since I was afraid to attract coyotes over night.

Quote:
I feed my dogs raw. And I have a hard time keeping my chickens from taking the dogs meat away!

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Isnt that the truth! If I feed my dogs (raw) in the yard with the chickens loose.... we have to protect the dogs while they eat. Those ladies will back them right off their food dish. And on another note..... when I give the ladies fresh Kefir curds or whey they wont let a dog get near that dish! I do not have to protect the chickens at this point. They make it perfectly clear they will take out a dogs eye.

Kefir curds eh? Hmmm. Yep my chickens have been pushing the dogs and cats around since day one!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom