Feeding Button Quail

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Premium Feather Member
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
I have had button quail for a while and have just been feeding them about much as they will eat because I can't seem to find anywhere that has amounts. How much is too much? How much is too little?
Does anyone have an idea I can kinda go off of?

Keep feeding them as much as they want. Keep treats to 10% or less of their diet. Are your birds over or under weight? That would imply that you're feeding the wrong things, not the wrong amount.
I don't think they are under or over but I'm not an expert. I just wanted to know if they will over eat and hurt themselves.

I don't think they are under or over but I'm not an expert. I just wanted to know if they will over eat and hurt themselves.
Not unless you're feeding them too many treats.
QuailEat.png

You can tell their weight by feeling their keel (breast). If the keel is prominent, it's too thin. If you can't feel the keel at all, it's probably too fat. If it's too fat, it will probably struggle when flying too.

Not unless you're feeding them too many treats. View attachment 2405834

You can tell their weight by feeling their keel (breast). If the keel is prominent, it's too thin. If you can't feel the keel at all, it's probably too fat. If it's too fat, it will probably struggle when flying too.
No they don't get many treats, and they fly like normal. Thanks for the help.

A complete and balanced feed ration of at least 24% protein should be made available to your birds 24/7/365. To my knowledge quail don't over indulge, even if 'treats' such as mealworms are their only source of nutrition. The problem with feeding treats only is that most are high in fat content and lack essential vitamins and minerals.

Back
Top Bottom