Feeding chickens yogurt

I give mine yogurt on a cookie sheet about once ever two weeks. Just the plain store brand about a pint size container for 27 birds. Sometimes I mix a little BOSS on top or cottage cheese - which they love - and watch the games begin. Beware - stand back as the stuff will fly!!!

My chickens love yogurt!!!! It is great for their digestion. Also
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I wonder if I could try that trick for my Polish girls? They would love to eat yogurt but I have not been giving it to them much lately because their crests always get sooooo messy afterwards. I actually have to give them baths (after they have eaten yogurt).
sad.png

I just mix the yogurt in a small bowl with some dry feed like crumbles, whole oats, BOSS, oatmeal, scratch even cereal. Kinda like a big pile of mush. They eat it all and don't get it everywhere. The bowl is usually empty in minutes. I think it would work for cottage cheese too.
smile.png
They're always on the look out for that bowl in my hands!

Last edited:
My girls (5 RIR and 6 Barred...5 mos old) go crazy over yogurt and/or oatmeal. I cook extra oatmeal for the kids in the morning and the ladies get the extra and it is literally gone in a matter of minutes!!

Yogurt contains calcium for strong eggshells and beneficial becteria that aids digestion.

You can actually grow organic chicks on organic yogurt and organic whole grain, or "multi-grain" cereals.

Back
Top Bottom