Feeding eggs back to chickens?

Sabrinainmiss

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 23, 2007
Gothenburg, Nebraska
Just wormed my chickens and I know you can not eat eggs for 2 weeks so can you cook them and feed them back to the chickens? I just hate to throw them all away.
hmm.png

You can, or you can just feed them to them raw. I give mine eggs all the time...sometimes I forget to carry something out to carry them back in with LoL So they belong to the chickens.

I give mine scrambled eggs all the time... I don't like the idea of feeding them raw eggs just in case it gives them a taste for it and they figure out where it comes from... I also don't give them the shells unless they're ground up VERY fine...

I don't know about giving them the eggs with the wormer in them... It might lengthen the time you have to wait to eat the eggs since you'd be sort of re-dosing them every day. I'm not sure though...

I have been giving mine their own eggs for almost 3 years with no issues of them trying to eat them without my help LoL
When I pick them up and carry them out of the house (not in a basket) the whole flock crowds you bc they know they are about to get a 'treat' LoL

Back
Top Bottom