Feeding Guineas and Chicks Together

GallopingGoat

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 7, 2010
Vermont
I've just read that a higher protein starter is best for keets, but as I have my keets and chicks together, which would be best for both - chick starter or game starter?

Also, do keets need grit, as well?

Thanks

And I feed my keets half chick starter and half game bird starter. I just thought the pebbles in the game bird starter looked so BIG. I am not giving them grit right now as they are not eating anything else besides their food (though I will in a few more weeks) So now you have one of each answer.
smile.png

Finn's Mom :

And I feed my keets half chick starter and half game bird starter. I just thought the pebbles in the game bird starter looked so BIG. I am not giving them grit right now as they are not eating anything else besides their food (though I will in a few more weeks) So now you have one of each answer.
smile.png

Thats weird. My game bird starter is a smaller crumble than chick starter.
hu.gif

Quote:
Thats weird. My game bird starter is a smaller crumble than chick starter.
hu.gif

Really! That makes sense, actually. I'd only bought the one ridiculous 50lb bag of game bird starter for my 6 ounces of keets because that was my only option here. When I opened it I just thought it was weird to give them this big stuff since these birds are so small so I gave them my organic chick starter and added in game bird as the ratio of bird to food increased. Maybe I got a mislabeled bag? They are doing great, but I guess I am glad I opted for the chick food. Thanks for the heads up racuda.

Back
Top Bottom