Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

cowboyclayt

Songster
Mar 1, 2017
Mowing, the woods, the garage.
i have left over hog feed after taking my pigs to the butcher...about 400lbs! Yeah, I didn't do the calculations right.

I read some other threads on here and I think seems the main difference is more protein and corn in hog feed and more calcium in chicken feed.

Would it be okay to feed my chickens the hog feed?

I wouldn’t. Someone fed my chickens horse feed once and they got very sick. Like @DobieLover said maybe try finding a pig farmer and giving the food to them
That's horse feed, I haven't heard of that before but I have heard of people feeding hog feed...I don't know though...thanks for the advice!

It's also about the vitamin/ mineral mix, and the balance of ingredients, and freshness. You would be better off moving it on instead. Ouch! 400 pounds! Someone may be happy to pick it up, rather than you having to deliver it. I hope it's still in the feed bags?
Mary
I might try selling it again. Yes, it's still in the bags. :)
On a side note, something that's kind of funny is I've done hogs for 3 years, 2 of them without a truck. I use a mini van. :lau:lau:lau And I'm not joking.

i have left over hog feed after taking my pigs to the butcher... I read some other threads on here and I think seems the main difference is more protein and corn in hog feed and more calcium in chicken feed... Would it be okay to feed my chickens the hog feed?

There is no better supplement or even a better total ration for a chicken than hog feed or pig chow. The only reason that you don't see hog chow or feed on the ingredient tag when you buy chicken feed is because chicken feed is regarded by society as cheep or is that cheap?

This is a great time to feed hog feed because those new feathers are coming in or soon will be. When the molt is over you will be amazed at how slick, strong, & shiny, your flocks new feathers are.

Back
Top Bottom