Feeding just hatched noisy baby?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mominoz, May 12, 2011.

1. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    This is my first time incubating eggs and I have one mini-overberg hatched about 12 hours ago, another half zipped, but gotten real quiet. I'd moved them to the hatcher/bator, another just pipped.
    So this baby is noisy, active , making racket. I read that usually they are kept in hatcher for first 24+ hours. But it sure is using alot of energy. So did put some honeyed water in there with rocks so he couldn't get soaked. I am hesitant to put food in a humid hatcher. Since my other babies were shipped for 2.5 days I am assuming it will be ok till tomorrow at least. SURE IS NOISY BABY.[​IMG] So tiny , so noisy !

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Mine hatched tonight... I plan to leave mine in there until at least tomorrow night..

3. gfcm

gfcm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Florissant
    Out of five of us, my sister is like that--- the smallest and the loudest!

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  4. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Quote:LOL! NICE! [​IMG]

5. gfcm

gfcm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Florissant
    I know I'm bad, but it was the 1st thing that came to mind! [​IMG]

6. chickenfeverforever

chickenfeverforever Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    My Silkie chicks were SOOOOO lound in the incubator. Everyone else was pretty chill. I guess the smaller ones just need to be heard. I leave mine in for 24 hours at least. To let them dry and to encourge others to pip. They can go 3 days without food and water. They will be fine till they go int he brooder. Food is not meant to go into incubators. The noisy chicks can wait. lol.

7. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    The one that got quiet didn't make it .It was zipped halfway, I tried to help a bit, but I'd moved it to hatcher. May be my fault, maybe not, who knows, but I checked it and it wasn't cheeping anymore, and so I felt it , it was cold. The live baby had been bumping it too. It was hal fturned away from the zip. Stone cold, full grown.[​IMG] . On the good side .I had another external pip and it was alive and peeping this morning. These are mini-ducks, my first hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by