Feeding Layers and Roosters non GMO

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by amanda1, Nov 19, 2015.

1. amanda1

amanda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2015
    I live in SE PA and am looking for a feed I can give layers as well as roosters. I would like to find a nonGMO food, but it seems all I can find is nonGMO with the added calcium for layers. We have a small flock and a self-feeder. Everyone lives together. I don't want to harm the rooster by giving him the extra calcium, and want no GMOs in my layers' feed. Any suggestions?

2. Chicken girl 15

Chicken girl 15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    I'm in NY so I'm not too far from you. The only way I have found is to order online. Most places will help you get set up as a distributor for them in your area. Not sure how that works but it might be worth looking into.

3. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    There is organic (not certified) mash feed in Oley, PA. He has both soy & no soy feed. The guy has layer(16%) & broiler(19%) which is like a grower. This feed used to be about $35 for 80 lbs. In Atglen Chester County you can get Organic Unlimited feed which comes in soy & no soy and all kinds of pellets & crumbles. Last I checked their layer was $30/50lbs., so grower would be more. It really depends on where you're at in SE PA.

4. amanda1

amanda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2015
    That is very helpful. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by