Feeding month old pullets

DraftXJumper

Songster
6 Years
May 27, 2017
Wisconsin
We try to take our four little ladies outside everyday for some supervised free range time. Or "baby chicken field trips" as we call it My question is, should I bring out their feeder when they're outdoors for several hours? When I bring them back to their brooder, they all eat immediately. However, I want them to associate food with their "home," so I'm hesitant to bring their food outside. Today, they're having lots of fun outside and I don't want to ruin the fun by bringing them inside for lunch, so I'm not sure what to do? Make them go inside for snacks, bring the feeder to them, or just let them be without feed for several hours?

I always took mine a little snack bag like you do for toddlers. Be warned if you do this you will be swarmed with chickens each and every time you have a visible zip lock bag! Makes it super easy to call chickens with later though.
Lol! I love it! Mine seem to trust me now, as they come running if I sit near where they are playing. They jump on my legs or do a couple of circles around me chirping away. Then they go back to foraging. I didn't realize they'd be so entertaining!

I think if they eat in the morning and than you take them out for a few hours they will be fine. Make sure they have water though.

Back
Top Bottom