Feeding My Chicks Scrambled Eggs

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 273816, Apr 23, 2014.

1. 273816

273816 Chirping

Apr 10, 2014
    Australia
    I have three beautiful little baby chicks. They are a a few days away from 3 weeks old. Just wondering if it would be okay to feed them scrambled eggs. They've had oatmeal before and loved it. Just curious about the eggs though. I've seen a lot of posts about it but would love to know about it first-hand.

Thanks, Rachel. [​IMG]

BamburghFarms likes this.
  2. SIMZ

SIMZ Crowing

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Absolutely! They'll love them! [​IMG]

3. Tumbleweed Farm

Tumbleweed Farm Songster

Jun 17, 2011
    Benton City, WA
    I feed scrambled eggs to 3 day olds--go for it. It is very very good for them. No grit needed with scrambled eggs.

4. 273816

273816 Chirping

Apr 10, 2014
    Australia
    Thanks for the quick replies. I'll be sure to try it out right now. Fingers crossed they like it too! [​IMG]

5. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Crowing

My finicky birds seem to prefer mashed, hard boiled eggs over scrambled lol. I"ve always given hard boiled and the one time I made them scrambled eggs I got dirty looks all around!

6. cats and chicks

cats and chicks Chirping

Feb 1, 2014
    north ga
    My hen likes scrambled wuth the shells mixed in. Ate it up in mere SECONDS!!

7. SummerSaige

SummerSaige Chirping

Apr 23, 2014
    Sunny California!
    Definitely! I've fed all of my hens scrambled eggs when they were chicks. They practically inhaled it! Although the idea of it may seem a little wrong, scrambled eggs are very good for them!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  8. Scorpiochick

Scorpiochick In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2014
    Haskell Texas
    My Coop
    Oatmeal or oats, TY

9. Saerasx

Saerasx Chirping

Mar 6, 2014
    Beaverton, OR
    How do you serve the oatmeal? runny or thick? I have to give my 15 month old super thick oatmeal or it goes everywhere! [​IMG]

10. n3kms

n3kms Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    [​IMG]

My chicks were 1 week old today and I gave them their first scrambled egg. One of them finally got up enough courage to grab a piece and started running and they all gave chase. My daughter wants to name the 10 pullets with Disney character names so I decided she could be Meredith from Brave. I waited a bit but no one else seemed brave enough to give it a go. I went to Lowe's to get some stuff for the coop and when I came back all the egg was gone. They also got to go outside for the first time today.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    BamburghFarms and Diane2018 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: