Feeding pea protein isolate

Nope. DK what that is. I have hand fed thawed green sweet peas to babies and sick birds. Not as medicine but for nutrition.
It’s protein powder . I occasionally give it to my pigeons. Because they are picky eaters and don’t eat protein rich grains.

Hi
Has anyone hand feed sick Pigeons pea protein isolate ?
Straight pea protein isolate? That would be a bad idea, especially for a sick bird. That's going to be a high protein powder, low in fat, and carbohydrates. High protein is hard on the kidneys, and not what is going to be giving a sick pigeon energy. Carbohydrates and fats would be more important and also easier to digest. Something like a slurry made out of chicken pellets would be a better option for sick birds.

Straight pea protein isolate? That would be a bad idea, especially for a sick bird. That's going to be a high protein powder, low in fat, and carbohydrates. High protein is hard on the kidneys, and not what is going to be giving a sick pigeon energy. Carbohydrates and fats would be more important and also easier to digest. Something like a slurry made out of chicken pellets would be a better option for sic
Thank you
That’s a good idea to feed them chicken pellets . But the quality of chicken pellets might not be good where I live ( Bangladesh) . I don’t give big amount of protein powder . Mix it with whole corn flour and sunflower seed powder . I thought the pigeons might need protein as they lay eggs .

Back
Top Bottom