Feeding quail??

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
Ok I went by the feed stor today and they dont carry gamebird feed. They do have a meat builder that is 20% protien and is for all typs of poultry and all ages it says. Can I feed quail chicks that? the chick starter only has 18%. Thay also have a layer mix but I did not check that. I would have to go to Topeka an hour from me to find actual game feed any sudgestions... I still got a little while as the eggs are not even in the bator yet..should start ariving in the mail tomorow.

My game bird feed is 20% and they're doing great on it...however i've read they could use 24%!?! I do give them extra protien sources though...ground up cat food for one, and boiled eggs.
smile.png
Hope this helps.

OH and you CAN surely use chicken mash, just remember to grind it up. Not everyone is lucky enough to have places that sell game bird feed so i completely understand your concern i think you'll do fine with that 20%
smile.png

I was going to ask the same question...what kind of cat food? or is kitten food better couse it has a higher protien?

Quote:
kitten food probably is better, and i use kibble form. I just use my cats kibble (adult). however yes kitten kibble would be better.

im srue they might liek wet food, however the mess and smell! UGH! LOL!

Thanks for the advise, I got my jumbo cotornix in the bator today, and I should be geting my TA&M and buttons tomorrow hopefully, Ill be full up on my bators then. Then I will have to wait at least 17 days for anymore eggs....this is going to be hard...LOL

Step one Admiting you have a problem...

My name is Kimberly and Im a hatchaholic...

Should I just go get anouther bator..problem is I was going to buy the egg turner last time I went but got a secound bator instead, now I have 2 bators but I have to hand turn them...I was afraid if I went for anouther turner Id opt for more room instead and get a 3 bator that I would have to hand turn...yikes...LOL..

Think for xmas I might have to put one of those cabinet bators on my list

Back
Top Bottom