Feeding raisins as a treat???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Freddy, Apr 15, 2008.

  1. Freddy

    Freddy Out Of The Brooder

    I have been wanting to feed my chickens raisins as a treat but can I actually feed them too much raisins? I ask this because I have an unlimited access to raisins for free. Is it possible that if I feed them too much that the raisins will ferment in their stomachs? [​IMG]

    Freddy ~:>
     
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

    silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

    As with any treat, too much can be a bad thing if it throws off the rest of their diet. A rule some follow is to keep treats under about 10% of their regular ration.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by