Feeding the park waterfowl

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chicken farmer, Nov 20, 2013.

1. chicken farmer

chicken farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    I know you shouldn't really feed the waterfowl but were allowed in the park with a big pond in town near by and there's different kinds of geese,ducks and there's mute swans and I hate going there and seeing people giving them bread and buns and junk food when it's bad on there digestive system and low in nutrition and I live in Ohio and it's fall and getting colder and I was thinking and would love to go to the feed store and buy a 50lb bag of crackcorn and feed all of them and give them something good and they would love it.

2. ducklover87

ducklover87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Crackcorn is almost as bad as the bread. Crack corn is basically like candy for them. But it does help to increase body heat for them. What a nice thing you would be doing for them.

1 person likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I know it's pricey, but just to let you know - Mazuri waterfowl feed is designed to float. It is shaped like m n m's. Maybe give that sometimes. It has a really good balance of nutrients. Also, plain wheat berries has good protein in it.

4. chicken farmer

chicken farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    I know corn isn't high in nutrition either but would be good for them to get some grain,and i might buy some layer pellets too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by