Feeding the special needs bird.

kyleigh

Chirping
Apr 2, 2016
I own two hens that have messed up beaks. One has scissor beak, while the other has a major under-bite. (As a side note, would like to hear about any experiences with CA Hatchery. All of the chicks I go from them had some sort of problem, except for one) Anyways, both of the chicks with the deformed beaks have a hard time eating. I do have a feeder that is maybe two inches deep. The one with the under-bite seems to be keeping up quite well, but the other isn't. She is very small for her age. I was wondering if there is a way to feed her that would help, and if there is a certain type of food to give. Maybe there is something I can out in her water to help her get the vitamins and minerals she needs. Thank you!

Definitely let the hatchery know about every funky bird you have gotten from them. Personally, I would also start using a different hatchery. Apparently they think it is ok to breed or buy, birds that are culls. That's bad business. And, I would let them know it is being talked about on the Internet. :(

Back
Top Bottom