Feel Sorry For A Neighbor Lost Peacock's.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dieselgrl48, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    We had a guy stop by here earlier this evening.I know he live's on our road somewhere but don't know him.He asked if We had any peacock's.We used to sell a lot of chick's and bird's and most of the people out here see all the critter's as they drive by.I figured He was wanting to buy some.I told him I no longer had any peacock's.He said well he had 2 that had came to his house young one's.The way He described them I figure by size about 3-5 month's old.White with brown/ tan marking's on back's.I'm sure the owner's are going nut's by now.I know i sure was when my first 2 white hen's disapeared .Anyway I took the guy's number In case someone come's around asking and will check the local lost ad's as well.Hope they find thier home.I have sadly learned out here too many wild critter's and if you free range anything much and leave them out at night they are gonna be eaten.I won't be getting anymore Pea's until I can have a nice roomy covered aviary for them.Too many foxes, coyote's,and sometime's just dog's.Im glad the guy was able to catch them though and maybe they safe for now.At least he tried to find the owner's.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

He found peacocks? I would think the owner could HEAR them 5 miles away. [​IMG]

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    out here in WV, we have some peafowl ... blue shoulders? that wound up running with the wild turkeys. A friend of my father found a nest on his farm and the peahen raised the clutch there. He fed them and now has peafowl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by