1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Feeling Creative - Purses and Totes

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by MissPrissy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I was feeling creative last night and whipped these out of fabric I have in my stash.

I usually make a few things and keep them in my etsy store but I haven't felt up to it lately.

I make these usually during the approach to the holiday season when people are looking for unique custom made gifts that you can't find in a store.

I did these for my daughter. It is a John Deere winter print with cardinals.

Large tote, handbag and checkbook cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some chicken prints too.

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Very nice Angie! Where did you find that fabric?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hey Sara, you can find theme printed fabrics at almost any fabric store. We go to JoAnn's because they have alot of country prints.

4. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It is out of print. I have a bolt of it stashed for a quilt for my son.

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

It's cute fabric. I just keep finding the same John Deere fabric everywhere I go.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Those are super cute - a good way to WRAP a gift as well instead of using those paper bags.

7. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I hate the JD prints available now. They look so cheap and the colors just don't pop.

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I agree. I have one in my stash that I have been meaning to use in a quilt for one of the boys, but other than that, they are just the same old thing everywhere.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very nice. [​IMG] I haven't sewn anything for so long......mending work jeans doesn't count. [​IMG]

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Katy~ Well your doing better than me. I don't mend. I hate it. I'd rather make a project from new than fix something. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by