Feeling Frustrated and Helpless!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Celeste, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Celeste

Celeste Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2008
    Lyndon
    How hard is it to understand that I wanted/ would take the dog back if she didn't work out???? Since moving away from the military lifestyle I am able to foster the bully breeds that I love. One of the dogs that I had fostered for a few months just got put up on craigslist for adoption. GRRRR!!! It has been 4 months since they took her home and I told them that if ANYTHING came up I would take that dog back in a heartbeat. I emailed them on craigslist asking why they didn't contact me and said that I would come take her back ASAP. I haven't heard back yet but am praying that I do hear from them soon. His ad said that they were getting a divorce and that is why they couldn't keep this GREAT DOG (his ad states this over and over).
    I am so frustrated....out of all my fosters she was soooooo well behaved. I pray that I can get her back so that I can ensure that she goes to a good home. His ad also stated that she was a great indoor dog but now they are keeping her locked in the garage....WTH??? This is the hardest part of fostering, I will always continue to worry, hoping that the new families are keeping their word. I just want to keep them all myself. LOL Sorry I just had to vent. Please pray for me that I hear from them and get her back. My poor Emmy Lou!!

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I am so sorry. I know this has to be so frustrating and heartbreaking for you. You and her are in my thoughts and I hope you can get her back.

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I really feel bad for you Celeste. but you need to learn the one thing that I did. With EVERY dog going out, the new family signs a right of first refusal contract with me.

4. Celeste

Celeste Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2008
    Lyndon
    kstaven- I did have them sign a contract but sometimes with people you can only make them do so much. I have all their info they just aren't answering/contacting me back. Maybe they had just "lost" the adoption papers with my information. [​IMG] Any other time the dog hasn't worked out people have kept their word and I have gotten the dog back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by