Feeling kinda sad *tear*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by USMCwifey, Jun 20, 2011.

1. USMCwifey

USMCwifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    We started with six little White Pekin ducklings and when we first got them they were so cute and little, you just wanted to eat em' up! Now over time they have gotten very big and very messy... very very messy. My husband built them a nice little duck hut, but it seems they have out grown it. And they're whole outdoor run is just covered with duck poop and so hard to keep clean. So after a long talk with the hubby we've decided it's probably best if we sell 2 ducks to thin out our flock. [​IMG] Someone is already interested in taking two of them and they live right in our area! I just feel bad, I've had them all since they were only a few days old. [​IMG] Only plus side is we finally got our chicken coop and hubby said I can get a few more chickens since they are less messy, smaller, and easier to clean up after. [​IMG]

2. ducks_rcool329

ducks_rcool329 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Black Forest, Colorado
    Quote:[​IMG] It's okay, we all have to do it at some point or another. At least you know that they are HAPPY and in a GOOD PLACE [​IMG] you should ask about " Visiting rights". [​IMG]

3. USMCwifey

USMCwifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    Quote:[​IMG] It's okay, we all have to do it at some point or another. At least you know that they are HAPPY and in a GOOD PLACE [​IMG] you should ask about " Visiting rights". [​IMG]

I will SO ask! lol

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Awww It will be ok....it really does mean a lot to know they are going to a good home !!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by