Feeling like a nervous nellie!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by nuttyredhead, Dec 19, 2010.

1. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    We got the electricity down to the coop today, light is on a timer. Heated water base is plugged in and the waterer is on it (on cinder blocks). Im so nervous. I know people use the heated bases all the time with no problems, tell me im not going crazy!!!!

2. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    I am not sure what a heater water base is, but I have a heated dog bowl, red heat lamp in mine. I get nervous with the electricity, dumb birds, hay, etc, but I think as long as your cords are in good shape, you can relax.

3. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:That is what i thought. I am going to pick something up today to go over the cord from the heated base to the wall outlet, just in case. Like you said dumb birds lol! My husband ran the rest of the electrical through a condiut so they can't get to it!

4. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    I just ran my cord for the heater base up a piece of PVC pipe attached to the wall with zip ties & staple gun. I did put the heater base on a cement block. It seems a little high for them, but they seem to be doing fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by