Feeling lost . . .

JennSnowdy

In the Brooder
Dec 4, 2019
So this guy showed up in our yard last week, I have looked for his owner with no luck, so I guess he's ours now, I got some hay and food from our local feed store, I'm not super sure it's the right food, but he eats it. Other that that I'm lost, I believe he's been spending the nights on our boat, and spends most of the day near our back slider or out in the yard pecking about, not looking to spend a fortune or have anymore ducks really, but what else do we need for him? I've been looking for a used chicken coop, but most seem too small for this big guy, can I just let him keep roaming as he is?

Attachments

• 20191203_132919.jpg
    20191203_132919.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20191130_155107.jpg
    20191130_155107.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 24
He’s a gorgeous Muscovy drake who looks very much at home. Bless you for taking him in when so many hate them. An all flock feed would be good for him like Purina flock raiser. And like @sourland mentioned a secure place to sleep at night safe from predators!!
That is the food they gave me at the feed store, I was worried it was for babies, happy to know it's the right thing, and I will keep looking for a coop for him for at night, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom