Feeling Overwhelmed

tabsmonsters

Songster
12 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Laclede County, MO
With the impending move and all the baggage of that stressing me out, my classes started Monday. I only have two and they are online, English Comp 101 and History 121(American History since 1865).

After reading and printing about 20 pages of stuff for each class, then all the assigned reading, writing, research, an specifics on how this and that paper should be typed. I am just about to lose it! I am not good at writing. I am NOT creative and good at thinking up things to write about. I don't do well trying to decipher the point the author is trying to make. I just feel like I can't do both of these classes at the same time. If we weren't trying to get stuff situated for the move, I would probably be ok.

To top it off, my oldest DS is having behavioral issues here at home that I have no freaking idea how to address. I try to talk to him and he tries to explain and then he gets upset, I get upset and nothing is fixed.

Some days I think I have a good handle on my life and then a day comes along that pops that bubble of illusion. I think I am going to call the college tomorrow and find out when the cut off time is to drop a class and still get a refund. At least I didn't pay a lot for my book so that is one less thing.

I even thought about calling my doc and see if she can give me something for anxiety. Just to get some relief. It feels like I am going to crawl out of my skin sometimes. I can't sleep for the thoughts of everything running through my head. What to do about the dog, the house, what we are putting in storage, what we are taking, what we are selling.... the list is endless.
barnie.gif

Thanks for listening. I feel a smidgeon better telling this to someone.

Tabby, everything you are going through right now is so totally normal for someone in your position!!!! I would encourage you not to get something for anxiety as a temporary fix because the withdrawl symptoms are quite unsettling....

I agree with droping the classes for now. You have too much going on in your life to deal with school too. How old is your son and what are his issues? I have dealt with teen angst and an almost successful suicide attempt. Maybe I can help ya.

The circumstances may be somewhat different, but I can certainly identify with the feelings & emotions you describe... The stress coupled with the brain that "comes out to play" the moment you lie down to sleep is almost enough to bump one right over that proverbial edge. My husband is a wonderful guy, but sometimes he just doesn't get it, either. I told a friend recently that I had only one nerve left, and my husband was riding it like a rodeo cowboy...
hmm.png
When I got a prescription for Ambien and a muscle relaxer it made a MAJOR difference in my quality of life. You can handle a LOT more stress if you've had a decent night's sleep. I hope things sort out for you and you can get on an even keel...
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Tabs, you're not expected to be perfect! With practice you'll get better.

Is there a writing center or resource available to you through your school?

Take this one day at a time, one assignment at a time.

You've got a lot more wisdom than a teenager fresh from HS, and therefore some really interesting perspectives. I don't know what your assignment is but I'm willing to bet that you can draw on your personal experiences to write a relevant and thoughtful paper.

Quote:
I will take that into consideration! My doc gave me something one time for insomnia and I slept so hard DH was shaking me to try and wake me. I stopped taking that. I will talk to her about Ambien.

Thanks!

hugs.gif
I know how you feel with classes. I have started my last undergrad semester.

You know how much you can handle, and you have to make sure you do not try to go beyond that limit.

I do not have any personal experiance with children, so I can not help you there, sorry.

Quote:
Jenn,

Yes there is, problem is the school is about 40 minutes away. Not unmanageable but not very convenient. I guess I am letting my fear get the best of me. After printing all the tips and advice for what an essay should consist of, I freaked. I will try to remember "one assignment at a time" and keep repeating it
wink.png

Thanks!

The Sonata didn't do much for me, but the Ambien has done very well and I have NOT become dependent on it. I may take it two or three nights in a row, or I may not take any for a month. I may use it a few nights a week for several weeks, and then again I may go more than a month or two. It just depends on what the rest of my physical issues may be at the time, and what has been going on emotionally as well. Lack of sleep can REALLY cause me to be irritable, confused, have short term memory loss, poor balance, lack of coordination, headaches, visual disturbances, etc. etc. etc. My sister said the Lunesta works better for her, but it does have a more sedating effect than the Ambien. (She has a VERY bad issue with RLS and sleepwalking. She badly bloodied & bruised (and very nearly broke) her nose walking into a wall while sleepwalking).

Back
Top Bottom