Feeling sad... Update on Beau post 38

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Mrs. Feathers, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Off to the vet tomorrow afternoon for what I am afraid will be bad news. My almost 13 year old chocolate lab is eating poorly (for those who know lab appetites you will understand the significance of this), coughing on and off and had what seem to be two seizures over the weekend.
    Just needed a little sadness vent to people who understand how special our animals are [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I'm sorry your old mate is unwell. I hope the vet is able to give you something to help him.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  3. BC Gal

BC Gal Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I will pray for your pup, mine is 14 years old and wonder when it will be her time..........................so much love to give, so little time on earth

5. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks to each of you. I am trying not to be a mope about at work and go on about him...plus I start to cry when I think about it. Nice to have some understanding ears (eyes [​IMG] ). Our vet warned us that labs are youthful for a long time but when they get old it happens suddenly...as it has with our Beau.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

7. Candiss

Candiss Burdette Bantams

Jun 30, 2010
    Alabama
    I am sorry to hear about your dear Beau. Dogs give us such unconditonal love, and forgive our many mistakes. I wish you strength through this hard time. We are here to listen, anytime. Best wishes.

Candace

8. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    I'm so sorry. Just two weeks ago I had to put down my cat of 19 years. That was pretty awful, but I'm very thankful to have had him all this time. [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Here is why I love my old guy so much.
    [​IMG]

DH and I made him some stew with fresh veggies from the garden and beef. First thing he has seemed to have an appetite for in days but we only gave him about half a cup.
    We`ll see what the vet has to say tomorrow.
    Thanks for listening and I am sorry for those of you who have lost treasured pets or are also at the end of life stage. When our sweet friends get to this stage all their escapades and bad behaviours seem like nothing to the love they have given us.

10. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Best wishes. What a great picture! It's so hard to see them get elderly. But hang in there until you see the vet and let us know what you find out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by