Feeling silly that I'm sad that "All My Children" won't be on today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CarolJ, Sep 26, 2011.

1. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I watched "All My Children" for many years when my kids were little - then took a ten-year break and then started back up a few years ago. I have no interest whatsoever in watching "The Chew" - and feel rather insulted that ABC is replacing a long-running soap opera with yet another cooking/food/lifestyle show. With both the Food Network and the Cooking Channel, there are plenty of those shows elsewhere.

So I'm sitting here - 30 minutes until the time "All My Children" usually comes on, and I'm feeling sad. Guess I'll do laundry or dishes instead. [​IMG] I'm realizing what a habit it was, though, to turn on the TV at noon to see AMC.

I thought the ending on Friday was immensely unsatisfying. Why end a show with so many unfinished stories? Although I have to say that Jackson's "Gone With The Wind"-ish closing line was really good.

I wonder if ABC will release past episodes. I'd really like to watch the shows from the years I missed.

This is the "Random Ramblings" forum - and I'm certainly rambling! [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Carol, I know how you feel. I used to watch All My Children years ago. Actually, It was when I was in high school (and I'm 47 now...)
    I don't miss it, but I do know the feeling because I was so sad when Dynasty and Dallas went off. Those were very popular night time soaps....long ago.....

Same goes for the television series Friends....Gosh I miss that.......

I miss soooo many shows! LOL

You might be able to get the repeats off of Netflix one of these days.....

Sharon

3. ArmFarm

ArmFarm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2011
    I too am sad! I would work in the garden in the morning, then sit on the couch and snap beans, shell peas, etc, while All My Children was on. It always made my troubles seem mighty small in comparison to all that drama! tehe

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I gave "The Chew" about five minutes before turning off the TV. Too much forced laughter and cuteness. Yes, AMC was my mid-day break, too. I'd fix my lunch and eat it while watching the show. Guess I should look at it as reclaiming an hour a day.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You have company. The Princess is going through withdrawal.

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I usually record AMC and OLTL , I happened to be home today and not working. I had the TV on and The Chew came on..... OMG STUPID !!!!!!! I changed the channel. I have no idea what will happen when OLTL is over too [​IMG]

7. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    Oh, I feel your pain, still! Only for me it was Guiding Light! It has been 2 years, and there are still times I look at the clock about 10 of 3 in the afternoon, and just for a second, I'm like, "Oh, I have to get home to w a t c h-- oh, yeah, no I don't!". Worse, I even missed the finale.
    I, too, much preferred a soap to make me forget about real-life drama.

8. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Thankfully for me the Young and the Restless is still on. Not that I watch it that often (maybe a couple of time a week) but OMG my parents...If they ever took that show off the air they would go insane!! [​IMG]
    Sorry your show is gone... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by