FEELING SO BAD

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cackel, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    I have been reading in here where some of you are feeling bad ,tired not wanting to do anything.Well let me tell you a few years ago I was like that ,I went to the Dr. and she did a blood test and I had almost no Vitamim D in my body. They say that this does not make you feel bad , But trust me it does . She put me on 5000 dose of vitamin D .I had to take one pill a week for over a month .Now I feel like a new person , She put me on Fish oil 3 times a day .calcium 3 times a day, niacin once a day and my vitamin pill . I feel good now , Us older people do not get the sun shine thet we all need and that makes our vitamin D lower than it should be . And because of my vitamin D being so low it has caused me to loose bone mass ,which means that now I have Ossiproses , Hope thats how it is spelled . Anyway get them vitamins checked .

2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

That's really good advice!! We all need a reminder to get a 'tune-up" every now and then

3. cooliseo

cooliseo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Rainbow
    Thanks for the advice. Sounds good!

4. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    So glad you found out what the problem was and got treated.

Thanks for the sound advice.

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    You are so right...I take each day......

Multivitamin with minerals.....

Vitamin B complex (I take 2 instead of one a day)

Co-Enzyme Q 10

and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.......

I also once a week do a kidney and bladder flush:-

2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water..6 times a day..FOR ONE DAY ONLY!!! boy does it make you feel good...and oddly enough your skin looks fantastic!

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i'm actually on my third round of Vitamin D pill treatment. still hasn't absorbed into my system. time for the doc to figure out WHY i am so low, not THAT i am low.

mine is like critical low, and it does cause me to be EXHAUSTED.

it probably doesn't help that my blood pressure is so low all the time that the doc has to take it 5-6 times to make sure! last time it was only 88/50! [​IMG]

7. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:That is far far too low!!!....ae you on your way to pernicious anemia??? have you had bloods done..and what are your potassium levels like........ third round of Vit D !!!!! this should have been sorted!!! Are you having a banana each day to help your potassium levels??

Get back there Miss P and nag your doctor....I am NOT happy.....keep the forum posted......

8. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

My doc had my vit D levels checked all the while I am telling him that I am outside a lot and have vit D in with my calcium tablets. Well, I guess his medical training and years of experience are worth something because they were low! I have been putting off having them checked again since I am taking supplements, but now that I have read that some people have trouble with absorption, I will have it done.

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Reading all these posts makes me realizes I had better get in to see a doctor and find out if I'm lacking something or just getting old.

10. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:With an avatar like that you will NEVER be old .......

but everybody needs a Physical MOT now and then.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by