Feeling so frustrated!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AmySue, Aug 24, 2010.

1. AmySue

AmySue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Cincinnati
    I've been working on my coop/run for almost 4 weeks now, and I'm feeling so frustrated! It feels like I'm never going to get it finished. [​IMG]

I'm doing it all myself, and despite all of my research and planning, I've hit some snags with my windows that are driving me crazy!! I need to think of a new way to make the window frames fit. I know I'll figure it out, but have you ever had days where everything you do seems to need to be redone? [​IMG]

I guess I just wanted to vent where I know someone can understand!! Thx

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hang in there AmySue! I know what you mean about those kinds of days. [​IMG] I've been working on my coop for months and it's still not done. If you ever need help on specific things, post pics and maybe we can help. Good luck.

3. frog522

frog522 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Hang in there! I've been working on my run and coop for 3 months now...and about to finish in the next day or two. Don't worry! Soon enough you'll come close to finishing your coop and that will motivate you for your final sprint!

Also, when finish, you can breathe a huge sigh of relief and have well-earned bragging rights: "Yeah, that's right. I did that. [​IMG]"

4. UrbanChick101

UrbanChick101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern Iowa
    Hang in there... do you have any friends/relatives/friends of friends who may be in the construction business or have some background that would be willing just to come check it out for you to give you the needed information to have the windows fit properly... an unfit window could be detrimental(sp) to your birds. Some people are always willing to lend a hand (for free even) if they are just asked.

Its nice to put the lights out on a day like you have had today and see what tomorrow brings!! [​IMG]

5. BrewedInNh

BrewedInNh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Southern NH
    Finish?!?!? It's supposed to be finished at some point? [​IMG] No way.

I spent about 5 weekends getting ours to the point where the girls can live in it, that was about 6 weeks ago. I've spent every weekend since then puttering with trim & other details since then. I've got another 5 or 6 weekends to go for finishing the windows, and there are lots of other little additions I'm thinking about doing.

This has been one of the most relaxing past-times I've ever had. [​IMG]

6. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    I started working on mine in July and just finished about a week ago. My husband thought I was insane to want to do it myself, especially since it was soo hot and humid when I was working on it. I worked every day off for the longest time! I did have a man help me with framing the walls, putting on the plywood, installing the windows, and putting on the roof. Since my coop was 8x8 and 8' tall, there was no way I could do that by myself. My son refused to help me unless we had this guy help us...he didn't think I knew what I was doing (partially right) but it was a real blessing, because he worked so cheap and sped up the process so much! I also learned a lot from watching/helping him. I still want to paint 'Biddy Barn' on the door, but haven't got to that yet.

Hang in there! It will get done, eventually and when you are done you will be sooo proud! Every time I look at mine I get a sense of satisfaction that I designed it and built it! I hope you can find someone to help you with the windows...then you can go to the next stage. Feel free to vent here anytime!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  7. AmySue

AmySue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Cincinnati
    THANK YOU!!!! I so appreciate the words of support and encouragement. I knew you guys would understand. [​IMG]

And... success!!! I figured out a way to make new windows that will fit snuggly when closed!!! I had planned on my windows fitting into the window frame when closed (make sense?) but slightly "off" calculations made that impossible. Don't know how else to explain... anyway, problem solved [​IMG]

I love BYC [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by