feeling wierd after pregnancy

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by agnes_day, May 22, 2010.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    for whatever reason..my feet are swelling again! i was puffy after having my baby on april 10th but it went away..the past few weeks though, my feet have been swelling again. its so strange!
    has this happened to anyone else?

[​IMG]

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    How bad are they swelling? My legs puff up really good to where you can see where I was wearing socks when I'm on my feet alot... But if you're swelling bad like 9.5 month preg. bad, you need to call your doctor.

3. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    they are swelling kind of like when i was around 7 months pregnant..its just strange. and i feel like im gaining weight again too..maybe too much salt i guess.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

With DD she was a planned C-section. Got there uber early and starving, IV & cath in, baby out, IV and cath out at noon the next day... so, 36 hours with no eating anything but gallons of chicken broth and juices and 30 or so with an IV... so they took the cath out and I was allowed to trundle around and my legs went POOF... from the hips down just huge, like an overfilled balloon. Didn't faze the Dr or nurses at all, they just ignored it, but I had to wear my FIL's sweatpants for nearly a week before it finally settled down.

I think it was all the liquid (all I could put on a very hungry preggers/nursing tummy!) and all the salt in the darned chicken broth combining for some serious water retention... so, maybe try laying off the salt and drinking more water -something about body not needing to retain if it has a reliable source?- and if that doesn't work then I'd go to the doc to be on the safe side.

*passes salt substitute cellar*

edit... oops, see you already came to the salt thought.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  5. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    Your an experienced mum, and if this swelling isn't usual for you after haveing a baby go to the Dr. Haveing such a large family is very demanding and you can't ignore your health. Hope it's Ok.

6. ebwy

ebwy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2009
    UK
    some women develop ecclampsia after having the baby, please get checked out by a doctor in case! (it's probably not that)

7. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i wonder if its from the mag sulfate they gave me..that totally messed me up.
    guess ill find out at the doctors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by