feeloading hens!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fowler_chick, Sep 20, 2009.

1. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    i'm begining to think that my 19 week BR's are freeloaders!, not one yet!!!...this is driving me nutz!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SOchick

SOchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Georgia
    It will get better! But you might want to try giving them a stern talking to!

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    I hear you....I was ready to pull my hair out.....[​IMG] Finally - at 24 weeks - my Wyandotte layed her first egg.....nothing from the other girls yet, not even the 24 week old EE....It'll happen....[​IMG]

4. cposz

cposz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Twin Cities, MN
    The stern talk thing? It doesn't work.
    I'm just sayin'.

5. SOchick

SOchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:Oh, I know! But It made me feel better! [​IMG]

6. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

We're at 19 weeks too, and none of the combs look red or anything.. it might be YEARS yet...

7. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    My Barred Rocks started to lay at 24 weeks, I still have Ameraucanas and BO that are 28weeks old and not one egg...EE that are 24 weeks old and no eggs either

8. NChickenwing

NChickenwing Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2009
    In the 910
    I told mine on Thursday night that they had until the end of the weekend to give me my eggs or they were bound for the stew pot. Needless to say I got my 1st egg Friday afternoon and another this morning. That Stern talk must work...[​IMG][​IMG]

9. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    i had that sturn talk with them tonight..told them if they didn't put out that there was a nice hot tub inside waitting for them!!! [​IMG]

10. chickon baby

chickon baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    st charles
    My G.L was abt 20 weeks when she layed her first egg,the black autrlops were abt 24 weeks.This is the first time they are molting and the G.L hasnt layed since july.The blk austrolops slowed down and now are starting to lay again...I told them they better get busy unless they want to meet "The colonel"" KFC!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by