Feisty Little Devils--Silkies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Peaches Lee, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    My little Silkie chicks are just so comical. Tiny but full of might! Soon as I put my hand in their brooder bite-bite-bite. [​IMG] I just love them, their attitudes are amazing, they are not frightened at all. Chest bumping my hand with a little feet scratching action. Anyway, anybody else's Silkies full of vim and vigor?

[​IMG]

2. Chickiegirls2

Chickiegirls2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    uuuhh i wish i could have silkies!!! I hear so many wonderful things about them and i love how they look!!!! Yours is ADORABLE!!!!
    [​IMG] HAVE FUN WITH YOUR BABIES!!!

3. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    i have two and one is very fiesty and the other one kinda shy but is starting to stretch(her) next out when she sees and hears me i've started calling her prettykins

4. greytmommy

greytmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    i have 3. They are calm, but funny. The LOVE to snuggle. We call one of them Dr. Evil b/c she is always pecking at my piercings and my eyelashes! She will go for my eyelashes, then will trill and snuggle on me, like she didnt do anything wrong.

5. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    I have 5 silkie chicks and they are so funny. They are hopping around and over each other. One loves to be held...another is sort of liking it, 2 just give me the stink eye and one stretches its neck cocks its head and looks at me like I'm crazy. They have just discovered the fun of chest bumping. I love my little silkies.

6. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    I have 6 silkies in the brooder box right now. One is 5 weeks older than the others and he is finding his voice! The other 5 hooligans race around the box and generally cause havoc and mayhem until Mumbles steps in to restore law and order. Two like to challenge him and I am pretty sure they are also roosters. Little devils love to come and peck at my hand when I reach in the box! Mumbles was an only hatch from my first incubation so he is very bonded to me and loves to snuggle and be petted by me. He is a big mommas boy but has started to challenge me a little. Love my silkies!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by