Fell and broke my ankle Friday, Nov. 26

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Dec 2, 2010.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    I fell Friday (Nov 26) and broke my left ankle. Didn't need surgery. If it hasn't shifted when I go back for check up on Dec 13, shouldn't need surgery. Lots of pain. Not in regular cast cause of diabetes, in cast that can be removed to inspect skin every day. Home nurse came yesterday, physical therapist came today, occupational therapist will be here tomorrow. Got bedside commode, bariatric walker, and transport chair today. Can't be up for but a few minutes. Probably will be few weeks before on computer again.

2. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG] That is gonna slow you down for awhile. Wanna book recommendation?

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your bad luck. Hope you are up and around soon-pain free!

4. littlegorb

littlegorb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Republic of Bayard
    been there done that, 3 times! keep it elevated! the swelling is the worst part IMO. sorry for you, that really puts a damper on things. just stay off it, and again, keep it elevated.

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Agree, especially for the first week. Sorry about your ankle, what a pain.[​IMG]

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] So Sorry. [​IMG]

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Speedy healings for you!

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Oh that's painful! I fractured my right ankle once playing basketball and my ankle swelled up like a basketball lol. Six weeks in a cast, ugh. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Edited; laptop for Christmas lol?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  9. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    That sounds painful! Yes, a laptop is a great Xmas suggestion.

10. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Gosh I am so very sorry to hear about your ankle. I can relate because I broke one of the meta tarsal bones in my left foot on October 4. Now this of course was not healing properly and I then had surgery on November 5 and they put a screw in there to help speed it up and keep the bone in place. Went back to the Dr. 2 weeks ago for a check up and remove the stitches and still on the crutches for another 2 weeks and then more xrays and then see. I am still swollen and afraid that the crutches will be with me for a bit longer.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and have a Merry Christmas!

Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by