Fellow BYC'er coop under 3 feet of water! Lost most of birds!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pumpkinpup, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I just got a heartbreaking phone call from a friend and fellow BYC member. JamesA lost around 40 of his birds in a flash flood that occured last night. I think we should all remember him in our thoughts and prayers. He is a super nice guy who really loves his birds and is very devistated by this horrible turn of events. All his French Cuckoos, wellies and brahmas are gone!

James, I hope it gets better and you can recover quickly from this tragedy. Let me know if I can help [​IMG]
    Robin

edited for spelling

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    OMGosh! That's so awful! JamesA, you're in my thoughts! [​IMG]

3. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    sorry to hear about his loss.

4. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    That is so awful! Where does he live? [​IMG]

Did there home get water as well?

5. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] I'm so sorry for his loss and will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers...

6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:He lives in northwest GA. His home is fine and his babies were in the garage so they made it. He had 2 little wellie hens that floated out the flood on a board or they too would have drowned. It's just so sad!

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Thats just aweful. I live in southeast TN and theres a flood warning for us untill 6:30pm tonight, and a flood watch till, tomorrow morning. Im glad his home is ok. Sorry to hear that.

8. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    Sorry to hear about his loss, I will keep him in my prayers, I didn't loss any ,but it sure messed up my barn and nearly took out the bottom section of my goat pen, Took me all morning to repair my fence,and the water completely covered two of my mowers and trashed everything in the front side of my barn

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ohh this is so very sad..I feel for him.....and as a non swimmer it is one of my worst nightmares!! He will be in my prayers tonight as will all of you who are under threat from floods...Keep safe.... xx

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    prayers indeed. be well, James. sorry for the losses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by