Fellow fluff addicts...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by OnlyOrps, Jan 29, 2015.

1. OnlyOrps

OnlyOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    I am drawn to the fluff and shape of English Orpingtons. I have been researching other breeds and keep finding my eye drawn to fluffy, round breeds such as cochins. I am wondering if I am the only one... so those of you who focus primarily on fluffy breeds, do you tend to keep other fluffy breeds or do you have a more eclectic taste in your breed varieties? I am also eager to find another friendly variety of chicken to keep along with my orps. Any suggestions?

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I have non fluffy versions here lol Ameraucana and EE's... after that i have a fare bit of fluff, silkies, showgirls, Cochin, Malines.. and frankly even the Bielefelder hens are pretty darn poofy they just don't have feathered feet.

Are you only after fluff varieties? I have a Maline buff orp x... she's quite cute, and goes with my Maline, Bielefelder flock just fine.. i think it depends on what your after for another breed, quite a few would be fine with Orps... even my EE"s, Ameraucana i just tend not to mix extreme sizes here.. like my bantams for instance.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  3. OnlyOrps

OnlyOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    I have never heard of Malines, I just looked them up and boy are they pretty!I've always liked Ameraucana's and EEs. They lay greenish tinted eggs right? thanks for the help! I love your name, so funny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by