Fellow Student Killed Last Night, Prayers Needed *UPDATE*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Last night, a young woman was killed near campus by a train. She was a sophmore. While I did not know her personally, I know she was quite popular and had a promising future, a good student and an excellent member of the soccer team. Please pray for her friends, family, and teammates, I know how hard it is to loose a dear friend at a young age. These kids will need our prayers during this difficult time.

UPDATE: Sadly, it appears to have been a suicide. The mood on campus is terribly sad today, students are sobbing everywhere... My heart is breaking for these poor kids. The instructors around here have reinterated the open door policy, anyone is welcome to come at any time. "Formal" counceling is available also. Having been through this with loosing my best friend 11 years ago to suicide, I am absolutely heartsick for the students.

[​IMG] Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers... I only wish there was more I could do.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG] My prayers are with her family and friends

3. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    [​IMG] our prayers go to her family and freinds, it is tragic to lose a love one to a horific accident.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    How sad! [​IMG]

5. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    That's awful! I'll pray for them.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Very sad. My thoughts will be with the family and friends.

7. HippieChickens

HippieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    So tragic to have a promising young life cut short. I hope the school has arranged to make grief counseling available to the students.

8. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Your concern and caring is a wonderful thing, thank you for that. Praying going on while I type... thank you for being a kind person.

9. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

That's so sad [​IMG] [​IMG] for her family...

We just had a young woman hit last week by a train near campus. She was walking along with her headphones on and never heard it coming [​IMG] We didn't know her but read in the paper that she was a good person and had just gone out for a break at work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by