Female amber links, or....? *pics*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gracejr, Apr 13, 2012.

1. gracejr

gracejr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Maine
    My Coop
    Picked up 6 chicks from TSC today. Two are supposed to be red sexlink pullets, the other 4 are supposed to be amberlink pullets. Please tell me that's what they are! lol Also, red sexlinks - same as golden comets, or is the coloring different? There are so many sexlink names it seems, I can't keep them straight. Red sexlinks. One is darker and smaller, but neither are white. Both pullets, right? [​IMG] Lighter one [​IMG] Darker one [​IMG] Amberlinks? They all look identical to me, solid yellow. How can I tell if they're pullets/cockerels? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Attempt to feather-sex them. All had same feather structure. Pullets? [​IMG] And just because... Sleepy chick :) [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. TayFray!

TayFray! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    they look to be what they say they are! I had some amberlinks and you can tell because of the light speckling on the feathers, they may not get that until later, but sexlinks or amberlinks etc. they tend to change their colors as they get older and molt feathers and stuff! Feather sexing only works for the first day or 2 before they start getting their first set of feathers in! TSC has been wrong in the past, but its not them that sex the birds its the hatcheries that they order from! Good luck with them, Hope I could help!!

3. Bangarang64

Bangarang64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2012
    Lake Okeechobee
    The red ones with stripes down their back look exactly like our Red Sex Links/ Red Stars did at that age. Some call them Golden Comets as well.
    You will have plenty of eggs.

4. gracejr

gracejr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Maine
    My Coop
    Thanks guys! I had intended to get a pair of comets anyway, but the Ambers were completely impulse. I just hope I don't wind up with a bunch of roos!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by