Female Duck laying Soft eggs?

Lizzscyoc

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 4, 2013
Ohio
Hello,

My Female Peking duck has been laying soft eggs for over a month now. On occasion she lays a hard one, but it isn't very often anymore. Is this a disease or am I lacking something in my feed mix? My other two females lay eggs just fine. Thanks for any replies
smile.png

How old is your duck? Age is a factor, as well as nutrition. I would start with providing Oyster Shell Free Choice for a week or so, observe, hopefully that does the trick. If not, Amiga has advised me to add a little Calcium Gluconate Liquid into the drinking water. I found the Calcium Gluc. in the cattle section of my farm store. Those 2 things have always worked here. One other thought I have is that a Duck and Geese specific feed formula may not have the right amount of calcium for your duck, so it might help if you switch her over to Layena for awhile. Plus Layena has the pretty bags that you can recycle into shopping totes! :)

Thank you for the advice!! Currently the duck, named that, is going on three years old. I know a good place to get oyster shell so I'll start using that free choice ASAP. If that doesn't help then I'll find the Calcium Gluconate and Layena. Thank you again!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom