female mallard duck

gamechicken98

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 3, 2012
She started today oct.28 sitting around like she doesn't feel good does anybody know what i can do for her, not eating either.

She started today oct.28 sitting around like she doesn't feel good does anybody know what i can do for her, not eating either.
How old and has she been laying? any other symptoms? runny eyes nares? drinking good? Do you have any poultry vitamins if she is drinking you can get her started on some vitamins for nutritional support. What do you feed?

Last edited:
She is 5 months old. She has always laid a whiter egg than the others and the other ducks have always shuned her.She is with them when allowed. No runny eyes or nares. Feed them 16% all purpose crumbles, bread, scratch feed ocassionally.

She is 5 months old. She has always laid a whiter egg than the others and the other ducks have always shuned her.She is with them when allowed. No runny eyes or nares. Feed them 16% all purpose crumbles, bread, scratch feed ocassionally.
When was the last time she laid an egg? asking to try to figure if maybe egg bound, probably wouldn't hurt to bring her inside and put her in a tub of warm water and see how she acts. She just started laying? might want to add some Oyster shell to go along with their feed for extra calcium. put the OS in a separate container. Is she from same hatch as the others?

yesterday, but not as long as the other two, she is the same hatch as far as I know I got them from Orschelens a local feed store but they get them from a hatchery.

yesterday, but not as long as the other two, she is the same hatch as far as I know I got them from Orschelens a local feed store but they get them from a hatchery.
How is she this evening? can you put her into a tub of warm water and just let her float for a while, and just observe how she acts? I really don't know anything else to tell you other than supportive care giving her some poultry vitamins and good feed. and possibly keep her out of any in climate weather till you see improvement. if you don't have any poultry vitamins until you can get some oput some Apple Cider vinegar into her drinking water 1-2 tab to 1 gallon it works as a tonic. Could she have possibly eaten something she shouldn't?

How is she this evening? can you put her into a tub of warm water and just let her float for a while, and just observe how she acts? I really don't know anything else to tell you other than supportive care giving her some poultry vitamins and good feed. and possibly keep her out of any in climate weather till you see improvement. if you don't have any poultry vitamins until you can get some oput some Apple Cider vinegar into her drinking water 1-2 tab to 1 gallon it works as a tonic. Could she have possibly eaten something she shouldn't?
She is acting fine now when I got home from school my dad said she was acting weird but I didnt see anything wrong with her except she was a bit lower to the ground and it almost looked like she was holding in a egg but I picked her up and didnt feel anything we did put Appple Cider vinegar in ther water but i just found out that that they found a small duck egg in a pool that they swim in when we let them out of their coop so i think she still looks like she is holding one in though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom